Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos forum

Luang Prabang to Hanoi via Muang Khua, Dien Bien Phu and Sa Pa

Posted by barnsey85 on 6/1/2010 at 02:25

Hi All,

I've searched and searched regarding this and I've now resorted to asking the question.. Basically I'm looking to get from LP to Hanoi at the end of Feb via the above route and having some issues working out the details. From what I've read, LP to Muang Khua seems fairly straightfoward via Udomaxi. What comes next is what concerns me..

I can't seem to work out whether the bus running from MK to Dien Bien Phu runs daily or on odd days, and if odd days, which ones?

Also, is there a daily service out of DBP to Sa Pa?

Does anyone have recent information on this trip they would like to share with me?

Cheers

Adam

#1 barnsey85 has been a member since 6/1/2010. Posts: 2

Posted by wanderingcat on 6/1/2010 at 09:14

was in MK on 15-16/12, met many both coming from & going to DBP...was a bit overwhelmed by sheer no. of tourists in town that day - more than 20! - & Nam Ou GH was full.
MK-DBP buses: daily, dept ~0600 from opp bank of Nam Ou.
MK bus station has been shifted out of town, tuktuk will bring you into town/right down to boat landing.
MK now has a tourist info office at the top of the road leading up from the boat landing, though was closed when i was there. but they have English info on buses/boats pasted outside.

#2 wanderingcat has been a member since 21/10/2006. Posts: 730
 Send wanderingcat a private message   Where has wanderingcat been?   Website 

Posted by barnsey85 on 6/1/2010 at 15:00

Thanks for the info, it's really helpful!

#3 barnsey85 has been a member since 6/1/2010. Posts: 2

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.