Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos forum

Nice article on UXO in Laos and the women who tackle it

Posted by christay2009 on 24/2/2010 at 00:03

It was published in todays edition of The Times in the UK within the separate pull out supplement. I've noticed SE Asia getting more attention in the press recently, last week was a 4 page article, again in a Times supplement, on Cambodia's upper class, in particular, the high life enjoyed by their children.

#1 christay2009 has been a member since 8/2/2009. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 414
 Send christay2009 a private message 

Posted by smallhouse on 24/2/2010 at 13:52

That was a good read.Are the danger zones clearly marked? . I'm off on my first visit to lao this may and dont want to die just yet.

#2 smallhouse has been a member since 24/2/2010. Posts: 5

Posted by MADMAC on 24/2/2010 at 18:04

Unless you plan on walking cross country then it's pretty safe (not counting the 500 pound bomb that was stored in the old police station in Savankhet and went off while I was in the Muk indochin market. That got my attention. Fortunately the police station was already abandoned and no one got hurt.

#3 MADMAC has been a member since 6/6/2009. Posts: 6,957
 Send MADMAC a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.