Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos forum

VIDEO: The slow boat trip from Hat Sa to Muang Khua

Posted by somtam2000 on 13/3/2010 at 08:32 admin

This was my first attempt at video, so excuse the shaky hand and the out of focus bit when I tried to zoom it.

Those who have been on this river in wet notice may notice just how clear the water is -- in the wet it is the colour of coffee with milk.

The music is by a Khmer artist, Ros Sereysothea and the song "Chnam oun dop prammuy" translates as "I'm 16". Nothing to do with Laos I know -- it just happened to be what I was listening to as the time and seemed like a good fit.

It is a beautiful trip and I highly recommend it.

Enjoy!

#1 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,565
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by CunningMcFar on 13/3/2010 at 11:00

gorgeous, well done!

#2 CunningMcFar has been a member since 20/8/2004. Posts: 163
 Where has CunningMcFar been? 

Posted by Architeuthis on 17/3/2010 at 13:29

Beautiful film. I just returned to cold Europe after travelling through Laos and Thailand. The days near the Nam Ou really took my breath.
Btw. Thank you for introducing "The golden voice" Ros Serey Sothear on Travelfish. I´m going to listen into her stunning music.
Good luck
A.

#3 Architeuthis has been a member since 28/7/2009. Posts: 14

Posted by somsai on 17/3/2010 at 21:32

Just watched for my second and third time and did a google on http://www.google.com/search?q=Ros+Sereysothea+&rls=com.microsoft:en-us&rlz= The first listen a few days ago I thought I was listening to Dengue Fever. Similar surfer music with a Cambodian flavor. Good stuff to listen to when in the outback no doubt.

My kids liked it a lot too, wanted to go take the boat ride, they promised they wouldn't get bored. Son pointed out a dropped banana peel at the very end.

Nice

#4 somsai has been a member since 1/3/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 568

Posted by mrparanoid on 29/3/2010 at 23:55

Dengue Fever covers old Khmer songs from Ros Sereysothea, Pen Ron, Sin Sisamouth, etc. They do a great job in re-introducing the music to the youth of today :)

Great video by the way..

#5 mrparanoid has been a member since 2/6/2008. Posts: 35

Posted by somtam2000 on 30/3/2010 at 07:35 admin

Thanks all for the comments - cheers!

#6 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,565
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by swag on 30/3/2010 at 07:38

Must admit really enjoyed the music as well. Did a search on ITunes and found quite a bit off stuff.Could quite easily see myself listening to this while heading out for a days diving in Asia. Very scenic
cheers

#7 swag has been a member since 28/3/2007. Location: Australia. Posts: 331

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.