Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos additions forum

Savannakhet Rocks, info Savanxokxai Bar Check this out.....

Posted by Mr_Wilson on 16/7/2007 at 12:40

Hot new ticket for Savannakhet, great info and Lao and western food plus incredible info at this new restaurant Savanxokxia. After traveling in Vietnam for a month Laos was such a refreshing change second day here and I stumbled on this looking for a lonely Planet recommendation (its behind Rendezvous Café in front of a Chinese school across from the old church) heard killer music coming out this little joint and this Australian that runs the place pulled me in. Turns out him and a Lao woman run the place just opened up he’s lived there for 8years, Set me up with great info on the area ended up around there for two weeks. I gotta say I love Lao food but I kept coming back for these great “Hot Dogs” and the music and conversation was a major plus check this out.Did a great trip out to see the Ho Chi Mihn trail unreal what's left out there makes you really think about what the Laos had to go through during the war. Villages of houses built on cluster bomb casings great people love Lao PDR

#1 Mr_Wilson has been a member since 16/7/2007. Posts: 1

Posted by Rufus on 17/7/2007 at 05:57

"Address: Savanxokxai restaurant, Current Owner: Brian Wilson"

How is your restaurant going Brian? Is the free advertising here and on the Lonely Planet forum helping?

#2 Rufus has been a member since 22/4/2007. Location: Laos. Posts: 976
 Send Rufus a private message 

Posted by kanom on 12/7/2011 at 12:19

I woill be heading there soon. Does this place still exist?

#3 kanom has been a member since 20/3/2005. Location: Thailand. Posts: 12
 Send kanom a private message   Website 

Posted by MADMAC on 12/7/2011 at 12:25

Caught with his hand in the cookie jar. Well, if you ain't cheatin' you ain't trying. Good luck Mr Wilson.

#4 MADMAC has been a member since 6/6/2009. Posts: 6,957
 Send MADMAC a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.