Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos additions forum

Avalon Hotel - Vientiane

Posted by austral31 on 9/2/2009 at 13:37

The Avalon Hotel has recently opened in Vientiane with prices starting at $15 per night for a single room with air con but no TV. I stayed here for a week and found the staff to be very kind and helpful, the beds to be the most comfortable I have had in Laos and was the 1st place in a month in Laos and 3 weeks in Vietnam to have a shower recess. There is also free wifi in the rooms (the speed is decent), breakfast included in the room price and they don't charge a commission for using visa. They speak English and French overall is a great choice for a flashpacker!!

#1 austral31 has been a member since 10/1/2009. Posts: 20

Posted by amazon_blonde on 11/2/2009 at 15:03

I can second this recommendation. We're currently in Vientiane and found out about the new Avalon Hotel via TripAdvisor. We're paying $30 USD for a nice room (though a bit small) with fridge, cable tv, proper shower (with a glass shower door of all small miracles!), breakfast, good wifi, etc. They are located a few blocks north of the Mekong on Rue Phnom Penh, not far from the National Stadium.

#2 amazon_blonde has been a member since 20/12/2008. Posts: 116

Posted by TS77 on 5/9/2009 at 00:47

Used this hotel in early June as all Rough Guide recommendations full up - likewise would definitely recommend.

#3 TS77 has been a member since 5/9/2009. Posts: 4

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.