Photo: Kayaking Langkawi's mangroves.

Malaysia forum

Please could you check my itinerary?

Posted by kitsune on 11/4/2010 at 20:15

Hello! I'm off next month for two months to SE Asia on my own. I'm planning to visit Vietnam, Camboya, Laos, Thailand, Malayasia y Singapur. Could you please check my Malaysia itinerary? Thanks!

47 22-jun Vientaine - KUL
48 23-jun Kuala Lumpur
49 24-jun Kuala Lumpur (Batu Caves)
50 25-jun Kuala Lumpur - Jerantut - Kuala Tembeling Jetty - Taman Negara
51 26-jun Taman Negara
52 27-jun Taman Negara
53 28-jun Jerantut - Kuala tahan - Kota Bharu - Kuala Besut (Jungle train)
54 29-jun Kuala Besut - Perhentian
55 30-jun Perhentian
56 01-jul Perhentian
57 02-jul Perhentian
58 03-jul Perhentian- Kuala Terengganu
59 04-jul Kuala Terengganu - Singapore

Do you know how to do the Taman Negara trip? Can I book it in KL? What about the jungle train? I've searched for info on the internet, but there is not a lot... :(

Thanks!

#1 kitsune has been a member since 10/4/2010. Posts: 8

Posted by AbgAcid on 11/4/2010 at 23:30

hi kitsune,
Yup the itnery seems alright. You have everything in place.
The Batu caves is less than an hour of travel by bus/taxi. Interesting place for Hindu worship location. Great to be there if there is a a hindu festival going on. Very colorful.

I assume you are heading taman negara by boat. (6 hours upstream form kuala Tembeling) With 3N4D you may do alot of activities. Check out trekking, night safari (on a 4-wd) , rubber tubing, canopy walk from treetop to another, etc etc. fun in the tropical forest. Yes, arrangement can be made localy at KL, no problem, Try google or make enquiry at the hotel you are staying at.

53 28-jun Jerantut - Kuala tahan - Kota Bharu - Kuala Besut (Jungle train)[/qoute]

It should be Kuala Tahan- Jerantut... as kuala tahan is just accros the river from Taman negara,.. and I assume you are taking the road out from taman negara to Jerantut. Yes, you may get a ticket for the jungle train at Jerantut, no need to booked prehand if it is not during any festive season holidays. The train from Jerantut will take you to Pasir Mas (app 30 kilometers to Kota Baru) You may need to get on a bus/taxi to kota baru as transit to Kuala Besut. There are locally availble taxi from Pasir Mas to Kuala Besut , though its harder to come by than at Kota Baru. Approximately 2 hours from Pasir Mas to Kuala Besut.

Jun is the perfect time to be at Pulau Perhentian. The water is calm, clear and fish are swimming right at the jetty. Sunny all day long....

have fun

regards
AA

#2 AbgAcid has been a member since 28/11/2009. Location: Malaysia. Posts: 162
 Send AbgAcid a private message 

Posted by kitsune on 11/4/2010 at 23:48

Thank you for the reply! :)

I guess I am freaking out a little bit trying to plan everything in advance. I guess the best thing will be to arrange everything for taman negara once I get to KL :) Thank you!

#3 kitsune has been a member since 10/4/2010. Posts: 8

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.