Photo: Kayaking Langkawi's mangroves.

Malaysia forum

Penang or Taman Negara or / and Perenthian Islands

Posted by markio on 6/5/2010 at 23:58

Hi guys and gals,

I am currently staying with friends in KL, and we're heading up to the cameron highlands on the weekend. I was thinking of heading on to Penang for a few days next week but also want to learn to dive.
I have been told the places to learn are Perenthians and Tioman. As I am backpacking, price is important, getting there, course and accomadation.

I am not sure if I should go Penang --> Kota Baru --> Perenthians
or Teman Negara then onto the Islands?

Next stop is going to be Oz and I am told its expensive to learn there.

Got to be back in Singapore on the 18th so gotta find what fits in beforehand. I prefer animal based activities than too much sightseeing. I like a bit of a party atmosphere too.

Help is much appreciated.

Mark

#1 markio has been a member since 6/5/2010. Posts: 1

Posted by AbgAcid on 7/5/2010 at 10:23

Bit of party atmosphere?

Then option Penang-Kota Baru- Pulau perhentians should be the right one for you.

There are no animal based activities like elephant ride , tiger or crocs farms at taman negara. Its lush tropical forest, canophy walk, waterfalls, rapids, tubings, sight seeing and hard long trekking.

AA

#2 AbgAcid has been a member since 28/11/2009. Location: Malaysia. Posts: 162
 Send AbgAcid a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.