Photo: Kayaking Langkawi's mangroves.

Malaysia forum

Booking accomodations in Perhentians

Posted by petrarch1603 on 21/7/2010 at 11:28

What is the best way to go about finding a place to stay in the Perhentians? It seems like none of the guest houses have websites and the usual hostel booking websites are empty when it comes to the Perhentians. Is the only way to book a reservation to call the phone numbers? I don't have a phone here in Malaysia, but I guess I can always use a payphone. I just wish there was a more convenient way.

#1 petrarch1603 has been a member since 1/5/2010. Posts: 7

Posted by swag on 22/7/2010 at 07:22

Hi try this link below. Theres a bit of info here from a travel agent and google some of the accommodation will get you direct to the guesthouse.
cheers
http://www.perhentian.com.my/

#2 swag has been a member since 28/3/2007. Location: Australia. Posts: 331
 Send swag a private message 

Posted by petrarch1603 on 29/7/2010 at 17:27

Okay, I just got back from my trip to the Perhentian islands. It was awesome and well worth a visit if you're in this part of Malaysia. Finding accomodations was pretty easy on Long Beach. Tropicana is only 15 ringgits a night and while its not fancy, its not terrible either. I think its pretty easy to find accomadations in the daytime. If you get there on the last boat though it might be a bit difficult. However there are several dorms on the island and they're pretty cheap.

#3 petrarch1603 has been a member since 1/5/2010. Posts: 7

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.