Photo: Kayaking Langkawi's mangroves.

Malaysia forum

SZB-KUL Airport Transfer

Posted by MichelleWright on 11/11/2010 at 06:35

My return trip leaves from Kuala Lumpur International Airport at 23:59 pm on 12 December 2010. I'm looking for cheaper ways to get from Ko Samui , Thailand to KUL in time for my flight home. Does anyone have suggestions for same day travel? (I will leave Ko Samui on 12 Dec.)

I noticed there are other airports in the city of Kuala Lumpur.
Could someone please advise me of the surest and safest way to get from SZB (Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah Airport) to Kuala Lumpur International Airport? How much would it cost? And is it worth the trouble to fly into a low cost airport in Kuala Lumpur and then transfer to KUL? Is there a more convenient low cost airport I should look into?
Thank you!!

#1 MichelleWright has been a member since 8/11/2010. Posts: 1

Posted by AbgAcid on 11/11/2010 at 13:57

Hi Michelle,

It wont be possible to travel Koh Samui to KL in a day except to take the plane.

I presume its the Subang international airport that you are mentioning, and it must be FireFly airlines thats lands here.

You need to ge to KL central. A cab from Subang will be about rm20 ( but not hte airport taxi). And from KL central you need to take the railbus to KLIA (kuala lumpur International Airport) it cost ya rm38.

You may also hire a cab directly from Subang (Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah Airport) to KLIA, but that will be more expensive. probably rm100? not sure though.

good luck

#2 AbgAcid has been a member since 28/11/2009. Location: Malaysia. Posts: 162
 Send AbgAcid a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.