Photo: Kayaking Langkawi's mangroves.

Malaysia forum

Best place to spend christmas and new year malaysia

Posted by jeromedoyle on 16/1/2011 at 01:41

Hi all,
I have spent the last 2 Christmas and New Years in Langkawi with my wife and friends and really enjoyed the laid back experience and amazing beaches. I would love to spend this Christmas and new year somewhere similiar in Malaysia, any suggestions. Nice beaches and affordable accomodition. Other islands of Asia would also be of interest.

#1 jeromedoyle has been a member since 15/1/2011. Posts: 2

Posted by tezza on 18/1/2011 at 12:40

Bit tricky - the other nice peninsula Malaysia island areas are on the east coast and it tends to be pretty wet around Christmas.

Why not some Thai islands? Ko Lipe is a short regular ferry/speedboat ride from Langkawi and is a real nice island with accommodation of all standards plus way better snorkelling, diving and arguably beaches than Langkawi - and similar places like Ko Adang, Ko Tarutao and Ko Bulon Lae are relatively short trips away - Adang only 10 minutes by longtail boat from Lipe.

The list is much longer if you are going to fly into places like Bangkok or Phuket.

#2 tezza has been a member since 13/4/2006. Posts: 1,344

Posted by jeromedoyle on 18/1/2011 at 17:36

Thanks Tezza,

I have already been to and stayed in Ko Lipe both in Dec 2009 and 2010 and would agree the snorkelling, diving and beaches are better, but after visiting twice like Langkawi I loved it but would like to discover other cheap laid back islands in Asia.

Thanks, again for your help.

#3 jeromedoyle has been a member since 15/1/2011. Posts: 2

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.