Photo: Kayaking Langkawi's mangroves.

Malaysia forum

Malaysia online train tickets - working again!

Posted by idreamofdurian on 2/3/2011 at 11:06 TF writer

Just fyi, the KTMB online train ticketing system is online again after months and months of upgrades and it's much improved! Just register with an email address then you can choose your train, class, and even the exact seats you want. Pay with a credit card and then print your tickets at home.

I just used it to book KL - Singapore and it worked perfectly!

http://www.ktmb.com.my/

#1 idreamofdurian has been a member since 5/9/2008. Location: Singapore. Posts: 576
 Send idreamofdurian a private message   Website   Twitter   Flickr  

Posted by fox80 on 8/3/2011 at 23:09

Thanks for the info idreamofdurian,
I've recently travelled from Jahor Bahru to Tampin (and then on the bus to Melaka) and enjoyed the very relaxing train ride! We've decided to buy the ticket over the counter in JB, but could see the reservation system online and the seats available. Glad it is working!

#2 fox80 has been a member since 12/2/2010. Posts: 22

Posted by Alec on 14/6/2011 at 14:22

Thanks for the info! The KTM website always has issues. Glad to hear its working now! By the way, the Tanjong Pagar train station in Singapore will be closed soon (July 1, 2011), so anyone in the Singapore area, do take the opportunity to take the historic KTM train ride from Singapore to JB Malaysia, as it will no longer be there soon. After July 1, you will need to board the trains from Woodlands Checkpoint instead.

Cheers!

Providing unbiased, insightful, and useful travel info to Asia!
www.alectravelguide.com

#3 Alec has been a member since 2/6/2011. Posts: 21

Posted by boonping on 9/7/2012 at 22:24

Hi, i want travel from KL to penang August . i prefer online buy ticket. normally i will go to http://www.easibook.com/ buy my bus ticket. but this time i want to try sometime new. i want to travel from KL to Penang by train , izit posibble ?? how to buy the online ticket ?? how much i need to pay ?? thanks for your information. hope i can get your reply soon :)

#4 boonping has been a member since 9/7/2012. Posts: 2

Posted by yurithebest1 on 7/8/2012 at 17:37

Thank you for the information !
i am planning to visit Malaysia very soon and i think that getting train tickets online is a very great thing because that way i will avoid the crowd, especially that i will be carrying heavy luggage with me.

#5 yurithebest1 has been a member since 7/8/2012. Posts: 7

Posted by thor on 9/8/2012 at 20:51

Hi guys, do note that Malaysia will be having the biggest festival in the country in two weeks time so most public transportation will be fully book during that time. However, if you plan to travel by train, just try your luck and see whether there are still seats left by checking the train website.

#6 thor has been a member since 9/8/2012. Posts: 2

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.