Photo: Kayaking Langkawi's mangroves.

Malaysia forum

9 months teaching - Indonesia or Malaysia?

Posted by pete3377 on 26/7/2011 at 04:31

I am applying for a teaching assistant position in either Malaysia or Indonesia. Salaries and job openings aside, what do a I need to know in terms of differences between the two? I am a 26 year old American female and want international experience for my career in Peace Operations and International Development. I'm a social person and up for an adventure but also want to have the ability to communicate with people back home on a somewhat regular basis.

I'm also considering Laos and Thailand if either of those trump your opinions on Malaysia or Indonesia all together. Thanks in advance!

#1 pete3377 has been a member since 26/7/2011. Posts: 2

Posted by childly1979 on 1/8/2011 at 09:26

Malaysia has a lot tuition centres especially in the cities, and I dun think u r able get a position with govt schools. I would suggest u to search for position in private schools.
In Malaysia, it depends on the salary that u require or more on the experience. Try your luck also with International Schools (Nexus in Kuala Lumpur and other one in Labuan).
Wish you Good Luck!

#2 childly1979 has been a member since 27/10/2010. Posts: 24

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.