Photo: Kayaking Langkawi's mangroves.

Malaysia forum

Visa change?

Posted by huggomartini on 6/8/2011 at 23:46

I read that visa policies in Malaysia will change next 15th August. I'm portuguese and I'm travelling in SEA and I'm planning to book Air Asia's flight from Siem Reap to Bali via KL, the point is that Air Asia's is asking from Visa before the boarding card is ready.
Any help?
Thanks in advance.

#1 huggomartini has been a member since 14/1/2008. Posts: 17

Posted by SBE on 7/8/2011 at 05:30

I'm a little puzzled by what you said here:

"the point is that Air Asia's is asking from Visa before the boarding card is ready."

Does Air Asia ask you for a visa when you try to book a ticket on their website or are you talking about this?

http://www.airasia.com/gb/en/latestnews/myentryreq.html

I think that what they are saying there is that citizens from countries who need a visa to enter Malaysia won't be able to get one on arrival any more. They'll have to already have one in their passports from August 15th onwards.

But EU citizens don't need a visa to enter Malaysia so you shouldn't be affected by this at all. Check the Malaysian Consulate site in Portugal to make sure, but I'm pretty sure nothing has changed and you'll automatically get a 90 day stamp on arrival.

#2 SBE has been a member since 14/4/2008. Location: Global Village. Posts: 2,037
 Send SBE a private message   Where has SBE been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.