Photo: Kayaking Langkawi's mangroves.

Malaysia forum

Malaysia Itinerary

Posted by mark_mcc85 on 23/11/2011 at 08:07

I'd be very grateful if anyone can give any tips or guidance for my itinerary in Malaysia over the next 1-2 weeks.

I have just arrived in Kuala Lumpur and plan on just spending one full day here (maybe two).

After KL I will get a bus either at the end of day one (2moro night) or possibly sometime in day two to Melaka , spending about 2 days here.

From Melaka I plan on travelling up to either the Cameron Highlands or Taman Negara. Most likely Taman Negara as I read on TravelFish that Cameron Highlands isn't in the same ballpark as Taman Negara.

How do I get to Taman Negara from Melaka - do I need to get the bus service to Jerantut and spend the night or can you spend the night easy enough in Taman Negara???

After a 1-2days in Taman Negara I will head to Penang . Can I head to Penang directly from Taman Negara or do I have to go back to Jerantut or elsewhere?

When I am in Penang I need to sort out my Thailand visa, apparently I can get a 30day visa sorted here - as I will be heading to the Thai Islands by a Ferry from Langkawi.

So after a few days in Penang I head to Langkawi by Ferry. After 3-5days here I head to Koh Lipe by Ferry.

I am catching up with a friend in one of the 3 main party Islands for Xmas in Thailand - being Ko Tao, Ko Pha-Ngan or Ko Samui - any recommendations which would be the best of the three for Xmas?? This is also why my itinerary is so tight for Malaysia unfortunately.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated!!

#1 mark_mcc85 has been a member since 28/8/2011. Posts: 2

Posted by tezza on 3/12/2011 at 23:46

If you are midrange or better you will find Samui offeres more at Christmas.
Budget/flashpacker - Phangan.
Diver/snorkeller - Tao

#2 tezza has been a member since 13/4/2006. Posts: 1,344

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.