Photo: Kayaking Langkawi's mangroves.

Malaysia forum

Perhentain Islands

Posted by RACHYPF on 31/1/2012 at 09:55

Anyone been to Perhentian islands in March?What is the snorkelling like?
Would you reccommend it?

#1 RACHYPF has been a member since 13/11/2009. Posts: 42

Posted by idreamofdurian on 1/2/2012 at 08:44 TF writer

They're STUNNING. I have never seen such crystal clear water and the snorkeling was great - Hawksbill sea turtles and reef sharks in addition to the usual fish and corals.

I highly recommend it!

#2 idreamofdurian has been a member since 5/9/2008. Location: Singapore. Posts: 576
 Send idreamofdurian a private message   Website   Twitter   Flickr  

Posted by chinarocks on 2/2/2012 at 06:18

Monsoon season will just be finishing so it appears best to leave it until mid to late March to make sure you miss the tail end of it.

#3 chinarocks has been a member since 17/6/2011. Posts: 738

Posted by ewilder on 4/5/2012 at 10:29

Perhentians are great! Snorkeling and diving are amazing there. Though like chinarocks mentioned monsoon season will still be kind hit and miss so you could be in for some crappy weather. I would aim for later in the month if you can. I usually tend to spend at least a week there in June and it's perfect!

#4 ewilder has been a member since 4/5/2012. Posts: 3
 Twitter 

Posted by adneilme on 7/5/2012 at 09:46

Hi I am looking for travel a buddy to Perhentian Island in June. Planning to go there around 27th June to 29th June. Local guy here but I have traveled to most of Asia countries as a backpacker. Let me know if someone happens to go there around the mention dates.

#5 adneilme has been a member since 4/4/2007. Location: Malaysia. Posts: 9
 Twitter 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.