Photo: Kayaking Langkawi's mangroves.

Malaysia forum

Nightlife in KL

Posted by nokiadude on 18/2/2012 at 03:20

I'll be spending a couple of nights in Kuala Lumpur. What neighborhoods would be good to stay to enjoy the nightlife and also is close to public transport? Thanks.

#1 nokiadude has been a member since 13/2/2012. Posts: 5

Posted by caseyprich on 18/2/2012 at 05:23

Bukit Bingtang - on the monorail so easy access to KL Sentral, short hop and interchange over to KLCC, and ride up to Kampung Baru for more local eating scene. If you stay on Tingkat Tong Shin where some hostels and guesthouses are you are five minutes from the monorail and two minutes from both Jalan Alor (Chinese street food) and Changkat Bukit Bingtang (Bar & Club street), along with proximity to many Indian restaurants. A quiet place to stay that is nice, Sahabat Guesthouse. For meeting people I'd recommend either the back alley but social staff of Homestyle Hotel or I've always noticed a lot of backpackers hanging out at the guesthouse across from Anggun Boutique Guesthouse, can't remember the name of it.

Lots of people may recommend Chinatown, it is also just a couple stops on the monorail.

#2 caseyprich has been a member since 3/3/2010. Location: China. Posts: 1,281
 Send caseyprich a private message   Where has caseyprich been? 

Posted by nokiadude on 18/2/2012 at 07:57

Awesome! Thank you!

#3 nokiadude has been a member since 13/2/2012. Posts: 5

Posted by micheldsouza11 on 27/2/2012 at 23:37

Malaysia is a beautiful place which is famous for its nightlife as well. After a busy day schedule its time to enjoy and get relaxed at night with some fun. For fun these things which you consider in your post are great.

#4 micheldsouza11 has been a member since 19/1/2012. Posts: 9

Posted by johan1 on 30/3/2012 at 07:29

good information.

#5 johan1 has been a member since 20/3/2012. Posts: 8

Posted by shefajit on 2/4/2012 at 03:23

In club, hive of activity usually begins from 10 pm onwards though some nightspots open earlier. Karaoke is another popular activity, usually among Chinese who just love to bellow or croon oldies and contemporary pop music from Hong Kong, regardless of the breaking windows!

Limousine Service Orange County

#6 shefajit has been a member since 27/3/2012. Posts: 3

Posted by moer2237 on 13/7/2012 at 21:30

A well recommended place would be Beach Club off Jalan Sultan Ismail. Walking distance to Petronas Twin Tower & just 3 mins walk to the Monorail public transport.

#7 moer2237 has been a member since 20/4/2010. Location: Malaysia. Posts: 20

Posted by altmtl on 27/8/2012 at 06:41

Looks like I'll be spending at least 4 nights in KL myself in Feb, as well as some time in Meleka - I was wondering how the two compare - both seem to have very active Chinatown's and Little India in KL sounds like a good visit (Sat. Market)

#8 altmtl has been a member since 18/5/2009. Location: Canada. Posts: 992
 Send altmtl a private message   Website   Twitter   Facebook  

Posted by MADMAC on 29/8/2012 at 22:07

Just in case you dance man:

#9 MADMAC has been a member since 6/6/2009. Posts: 6,957
 Send MADMAC a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.