Photo: Kayaking Langkawi's mangroves.

Malaysia forum

Malaysia in June end

Posted by bismoystud on 10/5/2012 at 05:28

Hi guys,
I am planning to holiday in kualalumpur and langkawi for total 7 nights in june end. Just wanted to know how the weather will be like. Most importantly humidity and temperature. Will it be pleasant enough to be outdoor roaming about.
Need your help.

Thanks in advance.

#1 bismoystud has been a member since 13/6/2011. Posts: 10

Posted by idreamofdurian on 11/5/2012 at 05:50 TF writer

June/July is the driest time of the year in terms of rainfall in Kuala Lumpur, but the city is hot and humid year-round. Expect it to be around 30C during afternoons.

Langkawi will have similar temperatures, but June is still monsoon season and you'll see some heavy rain. It's usually in the afternoons and doesn't last too long, but it's best to plan activities in the morning.

#2 idreamofdurian has been a member since 5/9/2008. Location: Singapore. Posts: 576
 Send idreamofdurian a private message   Website   Twitter   Flickr  

Posted by bismoystud on 11/5/2012 at 06:39

What about Bangkok and Pattaya?? Will it be hot,humid and rainy there as well??

#3 bismoystud has been a member since 13/6/2011. Posts: 10

Posted by tezza on 12/5/2012 at 04:57

Yep - also wet season there, although Pattaya tends to be one of the drier wet season places in coastal Thailand.

Note if you want a dry Thai island mid-year, Ko Samui/Phangan/Tao in the southern Gulf, which have a different wet season, normally Oct into Jan, are the places to be. Great islands.

Similarly, the east coast of peninsula Malaysia below the southern Gulf will be in dry season and the Perhentians, Kapas, Redang and Tioman are all superior to Langkawi IMHO.

#4 tezza has been a member since 13/4/2006. Posts: 1,344

Posted by johan1 on 12/5/2012 at 06:11

thanks for sharing helpful information.

#5 johan1 has been a member since 20/3/2012. Posts: 8

Posted by bismoystud on 13/5/2012 at 11:13

Thank you, guys. I have decided on Bangkok and pattaya. I am from india, and i dont think bangkok and pattaya would be as hot and humid as mumbai or kolkata.

#6 bismoystud has been a member since 13/6/2011. Posts: 10

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.