Photo: Kayaking Langkawi's mangroves.

Malaysia forum

Would u stay around KL International Airport / LCCT a night for early departure / late arrival?

Posted by travissaw on 20/5/2012 at 04:58

I just want to do some little survey.
As I plan to setup a budget hotel around the KL airport and rent out rooms to those who wanted fly the next day (as a cheaper accomodation to overnight and avoid long journey / rush to airport from city) at less than MYR80 per night (cheaper as compared to hotels in city).
If you are staying in city while in KL, would you find a place to overnight near the airport during your last night here so you can easily go to airport?

#1 travissaw has been a member since 20/5/2012. Posts: 1

Posted by idreamofdurian on 21/5/2012 at 02:24 TF writer

It depends how early the flight was. If it was say, before 10am and I didn't have the budget to take a taxi, I would definitely want to stay closer to the KL airport. As much as I love the 10RM Air Asia bus to the LCCT, it's a long drive!

#2 idreamofdurian has been a member since 5/9/2008. Location: Singapore. Posts: 576
 Send idreamofdurian a private message   Website   Twitter   Flickr  

Posted by captainbkk on 21/5/2012 at 07:19

be realistic-VERY realistic.
1. you wont find ANY cheap lease/hire on the airport compound. Its the govmt. etc.
2. pretty close to LCCT-walkable, is already the TUNE of AirAsia-who else, Cheap enough-if you book it smartly.
3. next best is the old Indian quarter around Kl-Sentral (former railway goods yards), which now has plenty of low-cost ho(s)tels and losmen etc. With the shortest transit with bus to LCC and rapid train to KLIA

#3 captainbkk has been a member since 16/2/2012. Posts: 472

Posted by jasonliew on 7/8/2012 at 20:29

You may consider Concord Inn Kuala Lumpur which is just 3 minutes from Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA. I stayed there once when i transit through KLIA.

#4 jasonliew has been a member since 7/8/2012. Posts: 2

Posted by enigmatic on 9/8/2012 at 02:37

I'd probably only consider it for a flight that's too early for the AirAsia bus, and later than say 3am (otherwise I'd just stay awake). Then again, I'm a pretty hardcore cost cutter on hotel bills, and I really like the hawker food in central KL
Maybe for a couple on a short break it makes a lot more sense.
As a poster above points out, Tune hotels are a pretty serious competitor for the LCCT; people are likely to think of them first even if they're not flying AirAsia.

#5 enigmatic has been a member since 14/4/2011. Posts: 84

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.