Photo: Kayaking Langkawi's mangroves.

Malaysia forum

From Taiping to Kuantan by car, some regular traveller please suggest a best route.

Posted by DaHong on 23/5/2012 at 22:47

During this year, I have to travel to Kuantan a few times by road. Someone please help me to suggest a route to Kuantan. It could be :
1. The fastest, shortest journey.
2. Many township stopages but interesting.
Thank you.

#1 DaHong has been a member since 23/5/2012. Posts: 1

Posted by myhasri on 7/6/2012 at 09:32

1. Kuantan is at the east coast of Peninsular Malaysia while Taiping is at West Coast. It is difficult to have a direct access as in the middle between them is the mighty highlands of middle peninsular. The best and sensible way is you have to go to Kuala Lumpur first thru North-South Highway (3 hours) and from Kuala Lumpur take the East Coast Highway (Lebuhraya Pantai Timur - LPT) to Kuantan (approximate 2 hours).

2. The other way is thru Kuala Kangsar, Grik, Kelantan dan go down thru Gua Musang but it is way more longer.. my suggestion, use the first method.

#2 myhasri has been a member since 7/6/2012. Location: Malaysia. Posts: 1
 Send myhasri a private message 

Posted by terryoz on 18/8/2012 at 21:50

Agree with myhasri option 1 will be good but if you are interested to see small towns during the journey then use the trunk road.

#3 terryoz has been a member since 18/8/2012. Posts: 1

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.