Photo: Kayaking Langkawi's mangroves.

Malaysia forum

Posted by tarakelly09 on 18/6/2012 at 13:34

Hi Guys,

Myself and my boyfriend our going to SE Asia for the first time. We have around 3 weeks to spend in Malaysia-I really want to see Borneo. Just wondering if anybody could help us to decide the best way to fit everything in? We are arrriving in July.

Appreciate all the help we can get.

#1 tarakelly09 has been a member since 16/4/2012. Posts: 4

Posted by busylizzy on 18/6/2012 at 14:55

What are your plans exactly? You want help 'fitting everything in' but don't say what it is your are trying to fit in, aside from Borneo.

What areas of Malaysia are you aiming for? Heading for the cities to do some shopping or to the islands for snorkelling?

#2 busylizzy has been a member since 31/12/2007. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 2,153
 Send busylizzy a private message   Where has busylizzy been? 

Posted by jenchew on 19/6/2012 at 05:02

you enter malaysia directly go to borneo or from KL first?

#3 jenchew has been a member since 18/6/2012. Posts: 16
 Send jenchew a private message 

Posted by tarakelly09 on 19/6/2012 at 10:30

Thanks for the replies. We are flying into Singapore! We'd mostly be looking to see the major sites. We won't be doing too much shopping. Sightseeing and culture would be the main objectives

#4 tarakelly09 has been a member since 16/4/2012. Posts: 4

Posted by Siah on 26/12/2012 at 09:51

If sightseeing and culture are your main objectives, I guess Sabah is a good place. Here, you can expect to see the indigenous people (who used to plant cocoa during the olden days). You might want to arrange for a stay in a longhouse (that accommodates the ENTIRE village!) and live with the Rungus people. Apart from that, you may visit a Gong factory nearby.

In Sandakan, you may see the Puu Jii Shih temple, situated on top of a mountain, where you can have a view of the entire Sandakan town. A visit to the islands is a must in Sandakan! Visit Lankayan Island, a very tiny island that offers snorkelling and kayaking facilities.

Contact me at, I am a local in Sandakan and I don't mind to provide transportation services if I'm at home during my semester breaks!

:) Have a great day!

#5 Siah has been a member since 26/12/2012. Location: Malaysia. Posts: 6
 Send Siah a private message   Twitter 

Posted by robinwhite on 6/2/2013 at 17:04

There are lots of places you can visit :
Bakao National Park
Niah Caves national park etc
Take your necessary things before enjoying here.You can use internet for further details.

#6 robinwhite has been a member since 9/1/2013. Posts: 18

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.