I am planning my trip to visit a friend in Singapore so far the plan looks like this:
- Arrive in Singapore on August 10th, Stay in Singapore for the weekend
- Travel to Malaysia on August 13th, Do a 3 day Jungle trekk in either endau rompin or teman negara but probably the later.
- Meet up for the weekend August 17th till 19th with myfriend on tioman to go diving
- I am not sure yet what to do after that, maybe go diving on another beach, do another trekking tour, open for suggestions.
- I`ll travel back to Singapore on the 24th
I've read that during Ramadan, which is from July 19th till august 18th, it can be hard to get food during the day in remote areas and that it is not recommended to travel on the last days of Ramadan.
So far the plan, now my questions:
1.) I will be on a jungle trek during Ramadan, will it be problematic with eating?
2.) From when till when is it not recommended to travel? Will it be a problem on tioman,because it is a popular gateway from Kuala Lumpur?
3.) Do youthink my itinerary is recommendable? Or would it be better to travel somewhere else during Ramadan? I was thinking about Borneo, because I think there are not as many Muslims or the Philippines.
I know my questions might be silly ;)
But I am just a little bit worried because I read a lot about Ramadan and I am unsure if it will be a problem and I dont want to 'ruin' my vacation.
Tanks a lot!!
your planned trip does not any ''remote''places as far as tourism goes. Remember, this is far more importt: its also malay school hols on. Most bisnis is run by Chinese anyway overthere. The whole of the country goes on a travel-rampage at the end-and there is no helpful whistle that someone blows for you as''now it is all full''. Plus that the end-date is a bit unpredictable-someone has to see the moon or so. Youll really have to grow up and find out yourself-likely by trial and error. But I (no exp with malay-but plenty with Indo) would certainly avoid that last weekend-hari raya=the big feast, fit that essential diving in earlier and be back in safe singers then. Borneo/Kalimantan will be the same in essence.
#2 captainbkk has been a member since 16/2/2012. Posts: 472