Photo: Kayaking Langkawi's mangroves.

Malaysia forum

KLIA-LCCT to Melaka by bus

Posted by Babalugats on 20/11/2013 at 07:25

Hey. I plan to visit Melaka next June, and I wonder if there are buses at the Low Cost Carrier Terminal, which travel to Melaka. Or is taxi the more-sensible option? I get conflicting responses from colleagues and mates, so here I am, hoping you can help me on this. Thanks!

#1 Babalugats has been a member since 21/3/2010. Location: Philippines. Posts: 74
 Send Babalugats a private message   Where has Babalugats been?   Website   Twitter 

Heading to Thailand?
Heading to Thailand?
Ad Search for cheap flights to Thailand
on Skyscanner.

skyscanner.com

Read more

Posted by jbrinkey on 20/11/2013 at 09:23

I don't know about buses going from LCCT to Melaka. I think there should be plenty of options. I am pretty sure you can take a bus at KL Sentral to Melaka. Why LCCT in particular?

#2 jbrinkey has been a member since 7/10/2013. Location: Netherlands. Posts: 15
 Send jbrinkey a private message   Where has jbrinkey been?   Instagram 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by goonistik on 20/11/2013 at 22:21

It is about 120km from LCCT to Melaka. That is going to be an expensive taxi trip.

Transnasional bus company seems to offer a service from LCCT to Melaka.

http://www.transnasional.com.my

#3 goonistik has been a member since 7/1/2010. Location: Philippines. Posts: 563
 Send goonistik a private message   Where has goonistik been? 

Posted by Babalugats on 20/11/2013 at 22:30

@jbrinkey I'll arrive in the KLIA-LCCT, so maybe if there will be buses outside of the airport...

@goonistik I'll check the URL. Thanks!

#4 Babalugats has been a member since 21/3/2010. Location: Philippines. Posts: 74
 Send Babalugats a private message   Where has Babalugats been?   Website   Twitter 

Posted by captainbkk on 21/11/2013 at 07:05

Just arrived @ LCC on AA this afternoon and yes, there are a few/day direct buses to MLK-but 2/3 per hour from BTS busstesyen-and NOT Kl Sentral,, jbri is wrong in that.
Look at a map: LCC/KLIA is nearly halfway between KL and MLK.

#5 captainbkk has been a member since 16/2/2012. Posts: 472

Posted by neilmason on 23/11/2013 at 19:25

There are about 5 direct Transnasional buses per day from LCCT to Melaka Sentral; you can pre-book on their website and it's a good idea to do so as it is a popular service. If flying domestically there is a ticket counter near the baggage carousels (cash only).

#6 neilmason has been a member since 31/12/2012. Posts: 45

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.