Photo: Kayaking Langkawi's mangroves.

Malaysia forum

Deckhand

Posted by Deef on 6/12/2013 at 00:39

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone would be able to offer me some advice on working as a deckhand. I want to travel to Europe without flying but I haven't got enough money to travel as a passenger on a freighter or cruise.

I haven't got any working boat experience but I would work for free and even pay towards food costs. I am not afraid of work and am an engineer by trade with experience in car and bike mechanics. I can cook a decent meal for a large number of people, I can clean or I could serve.....basically I'm not picky and willing to work hard in exchange for transport.

Any information of where I could find something like this would be much appreciated!

#1 Deef has been a member since 5/12/2013. Posts: 1

Posted by neilmason on 8/12/2013 at 14:38

To be honest I've never tried anything like this but the Royal Langkawi Yacht Club near the ferry terminal in Kuah would have to be a good bet.

#2 neilmason has been a member since 31/12/2012. Posts: 40

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.