Photo: Kayaking Langkawi's mangroves.

Malaysia forum

General Question

Posted by martina100011 on 1/4/2014 at 06:59

Hi every one, I am planned to visit Malaysia. Can any one tell me When is the best time to visit Malaysia?

#1 martina100011 has been a member since 1/4/2014. Posts: 1

Posted by tezza on 2/4/2014 at 03:09

Lack of responses says it all.

#2 tezza has been a member since 13/4/2006. Posts: 1,344

Posted by tezza on 13/4/2014 at 18:55

Jeez. I can't believe I wrote the above. Musta been in a bad mood.
Maybe I was thinking: any website that Google turns up on Malaysia will have a WHEN TO GO section. But that is no excuse for getting smart-ass with martina. Maybe like a lot of us, she was thinking: well I've read the general info - let's see what travelfish members' individual experiences are.

Thing is, the best time to visit Malaysia depends on which factors are most important to you - good weather on the west coast/east coast/Eastern Malaysia (nth Borneo) etc, best festival times, best times to avoid crowds, nicest time for trekking - and so on.
As a beaches and islands man I tend to go mainly between April and October when the weather on the east peninsular coast (which has the best islands and beaches IMHO) is best. I also always google for Malaysian and Singaporean school/public holidays because those times can get pretty crowded on the islands etc.

#3 tezza has been a member since 13/4/2006. Posts: 1,344

Posted by Travis_Chia on 14/4/2014 at 04:13

Kuala Lumpur and the west coast are good destinations all year round but tend to be driest & sunniest between December and March. At any point there is the chance of a short, sharp downpour but these can be welcome as they reduce the humidity.

#4 Travis_Chia has been a member since 14/4/2014. Posts: 10

Posted by Ivylnn on 17/4/2014 at 01:25

I also planning to Malaysia, my classmate was there for study, she recommended the Sabah on the Borneo island. But a little worry about the safety. ::(

#5 Ivylnn has been a member since 10/4/2014. Posts: 6
 Send Ivylnn a private message 

Posted by MADMAC on 17/4/2014 at 02:24

Penang gets rave revues.

#6 MADMAC has been a member since 6/6/2009. Posts: 6,957
 Send MADMAC a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.