Text page

Malaysia

Malaysia forum

Planning - Advice

Posted by nunima on 19/6/2014 at 17:59

Please can anyone advise me the most efficient and quickest (in terms of time spent travelling) order in which to visit these places? I have 18 days:
KL
Taman Negara
Cameron Highlands
Perethian Island
Tioman Island
Singapore
I thought about: bus from KL to Taman Negara than another bus to the Cameroon Highlands and then another one from tahan rata to kota baru (than taxi to kuala besut and at the end a boat to the perethian ).
The problem is that i can't find any bus for this itinerary ( only the nks hostel offers this service : i sent an email but i'm still waiting for an answer).
And do you know how to go from the perethian to tioman island except from Berjaia airlines that is too expensive?!
Thank you in advance for your attencion!
Nunima

#1 nunima has been a member since 11/5/2014. Posts: 4

Posted by withluck on 22/6/2014 at 03:40

Your itinerary is fine but find a good public transportation (likes express and city buses) is a challenge. For reliable and comfortable, it is best to rent a car or hire someone to drive.

For Tioman Island, you can take a boat from Mersing jetty, Johor. From Mersing, you can take an express bus to Singapore. Hope this helps.

A Malaysian Licensed Tourist Guide

#2 withluck has been a member since 27/4/2014. Location: Malaysia. Posts: 17

Posted by captainbkk on 24/6/2014 at 05:27

again that old-fashioned thing called guidebook has these details. Still a worthwhile [url=mailto:investment.@]investment. @ home[/url] I have various leaflets about prebooked vans/minibuses to/fro TN to other major MY-touristy places, run by the major TN accomm. provider.
Cameron to KB : have to go via Ipoh, direct bus to KB from there, by day or overnight. It MIGHT work out easier to do CH before TN, as from there also those vans direct to Perh. ferryquayside.
Use brains to go island to island: go to mainland, find bus to next port, find ferry. MY abounds in frequent and comfy long-distance Bas ekspres anywhere along major roads. I for myself really do not understand why spend so much time+trouble to change island 1 for 2-sea+sand looks the same.
Reckon that every distance you loose a day in travelling without much to see/do then. That leaves only 13 or 14 days left to spend.

#3 captainbkk has been a member since 16/2/2012. Posts: 472

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.