Photo: Kayaking Langkawi's mangroves.

Malaysia forum

booking internal flights and accommodation in advance or not?

Posted by jmcdouga on 14/7/2014 at 21:44

I am heading to Malaysia Peninsula on August 10 for 18 days. Heading to KL, Melaka, Penang, Kota Bharu and Perhentians then maybe down the East Coast back to KL.
I have booked first few nights in KL and am wondering whether I should aim to book all the accom and internal flights for trip before heading over there or whether its possible to be a bit more spontaneous and book as I go?
thanks for advice,

#1 jmcdouga has been a member since 10/2/2013. Posts: 2

Posted by captainbkk on 16/7/2014 at 06:28

use brains: as about anything in this world, its not either or-its maybe. Depends on, etc.
For longer flights (like to Borneo) which do not run that often-and certainly if you use AirAsia, it pays off in €€€€ to book more early.
Whats your experience with travel in Asia? how desperate do you get when 2 places tell you they're full?? So you do not believe in guidebooks as everything is on the www?
In the end you will always find some place to sleep, it may even be cheaper and nicer as those on www. But this will depend on about what time you arrive, if that town has a bekpekstreet full of guesthouses (which you may wrongly label as hoStel), if there happens to be some festival, etc. If you are flexible enough to put your feet to another part of town. How you in general can cope with fears. That does not mean you have to prebook all now- a day or 2 before is usually enough.

#2 captainbkk has been a member since 16/2/2012. Posts: 472

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.