Text page

Malaysia

Malaysia forum

Malaysia in November (beaches?)

Posted by parfois on 22/7/2014 at 10:47

Hi everyone

My friend and I are planning to visit Malaysia in November. All we know so far is that we are staying in Singapore for 3 nights and that we'd like to spend some days at a nice beach. We have about 12 nights in total.

Do you have any recommendations for where to go in Malaysia in November?

Thank you very much :)

#1 parfois has been a member since 22/7/2014. Posts: 2

Posted by antoniamitchell on 25/7/2014 at 01:52

Hi,
The main issue you'll have to deal with in November is the NE monsoon. The east coast and its islands (Perenthians, for example) will likely be rather rainy in November so I'd avoid them, and stick to to west coast. See the weather page of travelfish (links above or direct via https://www.travelfish.org/weather/malaysia) for more information.

I'd suggest since you have 9 nights in Malaysia that you hit Penang for 3-4 nights, Langkawi for 2-4 nights (depending on the weather), and if you have time, you can slot in a couple of nights somewhere else (KL if you like big cities, Melaka if you like colonial heritage, somewhere inland like Taiping if you want to get off the tourist path, or somewhere like the Cameron Highlands if you want some hiking). You may get the remains of the SW monsoon on Langkawi, but it is probably your best bet for a good beach resort. If you just want sand, there are beaches on Penang as well as near Melaka, but none of them are amazing.

#2 antoniamitchell has been a member since 13/5/2012. Posts: 566

Posted by captainbkk on 26/7/2014 at 07:00

WHEN in nov. the later part is national schoolhols and all will be crowded with holidaymakers. There are very, very few great beaches westcoast. Penang does not really have them, except when any beach is already so exclusive that it does not matter.

#3 captainbkk has been a member since 16/2/2012. Posts: 472

Posted by parfois on 26/7/2014 at 13:40

Thanks for your answers! I wasn't aware of the monsoons. We'll take your advices in consideration when planning the trip. but it's probably anyway the best to be flexible :) Thanks again!

#4 parfois has been a member since 22/7/2014. Posts: 2

Posted by sillysotong on 4/8/2014 at 01:42

You can also fly over to Sabah in Borneo island since you have 12 nights to kill. Flight takes 2 1/2 hours from Singapore or KL.
Check out budget Airasia for flight tickets. It is worth the journey.

Cheers~

#5 sillysotong has been a member since 3/8/2014. Posts: 3

Posted by Travis_Chia on 6/8/2014 at 02:31

Pasir Panjang Beach on Redang Island is one of the best beach in Malaysia.

#6 Travis_Chia has been a member since 14/4/2014. Posts: 10

Posted by Cajsa321 on 25/4/2015 at 01:17

There are a lot of beautiful beaches to visit in Malaysia like:
Bunga Raya Island Resort & Spa
The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa
Tanjung Rhu Resort
Shangri-La's Tanjung Aru Resort & Spa
Shangri-La's Rasa Ria Resort
Pangkor Laut Resort
Four Seasons The Datai Langkawi
Resort Langkawi, Malaysia

#7 Cajsa321 has been a member since 17/4/2015. Posts: 13

Posted by ScubaDutch on 12/8/2015 at 12:37

If you have your own transportation you should check out Cherating at the East Coast. If the waves are good you can do some basic surfing or body boarding and enjoy the local village life and some drinks at Don't tell Mama or Little Bali.

Actually the monsoon is the best time to go there. Yes, expect rain every day, but it cools down the place so much, it's actually very nice. A bit more south at Balok Beach you can enjoy Kite Surfing so the east coast has more to offer than most people think. And the beaches are beautiful, they are huge and empty!

#8 ScubaDutch has been a member since 12/8/2015. Location: Malaysia. Posts: 3

Posted by nathanbickford on 13/8/2015 at 17:07

Visit Taman Negara for trekking experience. If you like to have some adventure.

#9 nathanbickford has been a member since 6/8/2015. Posts: 1

Posted by neha741258 on 17/8/2015 at 06:23

Malaysia is the ideal holiday destination for tourist. I would recommend some top places to visit like: Kuala Lumpur, Cameron Highlands, Kuching, Penang & Taman Negara

#10 neha741258 has been a member since 26/3/2015. Posts: 2

Posted by mikal83 on 21/8/2015 at 08:49

Monsoon......November.....we spent 6 weeks in southern Thailand/Malaysia/Singers 2 yrs ago and had hardly a drop of rain.

#11 mikal83 has been a member since 19/1/2015. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 140

Posted by wind13 on 11/9/2015 at 00:43

sure you will need to visit Kota Kinabalu, Sabah Borneo.Mengalum Island, Mantanani Island and so on. Mount Kinabalu climbing also reopen on 1st September. You may have a try :)

#12 wind13 has been a member since 4/5/2015. Posts: 2

Posted by john121 on 2/11/2015 at 21:10

I would recommend you to go Gunung mulu national park or perhaps at Ganga bay johor. both are the places i used to visit must. :)

#13 john121 has been a member since 2/11/2015. Location: Malaysia. Posts: 2

Posted by SmileTravel on 10/11/2015 at 10:22

As you are travel from Singapore & u have a long weekend, suggest you travel from South (Johor)of Peninsular Malaysia to North of Malaysia ( Penang )
1.) Johor - Desaru Beaches Or Pulau Rawa ( Near Mersing City)
2.) Malacca - World Recognized Colonial Heritage City (Must Go!)
3.) Pahang - Cherating Beach/ Genting Highland/ Cameron Highland/ Tioman Island-Juara Beach
4.) Kuala Lumpur - KLCC
5.) Terrenganu - Coral Bay ( Perhentian Island)/ Pasir Panjang Beach (Redang Island)
6.) Penang - Batu Feringghi Beach
7.) Langkawi

#14 SmileTravel has been a member since 10/11/2015. Posts: 2

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.