Text page

Malaysia

Malaysia forum

KLIA2 - Tune Hotel

Posted by daawgon on 11/10/2014 at 13:12

I understand this new hotel is quite nice, and thinking of booking. I just have one question, does anyone know if the cheaper rooms all have windows? Any other tips appreciated - gracias!

(for those who are not familiar with Kuala Lumpur, this is the hotel at the Air Asia terminal, and it has only been open a few months in 2014)

#1 daawgon has been a member since 17/4/2007. Location: Vietnam. Posts: 1,159

Posted by captainbkk on 12/10/2014 at 04:57

Be aware that the low-cost Term (LCC) has been MOVED to a new site some kms away from the old -which had (also) an Tune HTL, I guess thats what meant by Tune2. Though myself have sued old LCC many times, not this new one (yet-will come in nov.) Frankly: you are asking too much, and IF there are any windows, Iam pretty sure they cannot open-due to the AC and noise+pollution at airports. These HTLs are mainly for people on overnight transit-they want to sleep, but maybe you are an airline spotter?

#2 captainbkk has been a member since 16/2/2012. Posts: 472

Posted by daawgon on 14/10/2014 at 11:49

Yes, it's the brand new hotel at the brand new terminal that I'm looking at

#3 daawgon has been a member since 17/4/2007. Location: Vietnam. Posts: 1,159

Posted by neilmason on 31/10/2014 at 15:06

The new Tune hotel at KLIA2 is nothing at all like the former hotel at LCCT.

The rooms are much larger, it has big-screen TV, aircon is included in the price (which is much higher) and it is extremely comfortable.

#4 neilmason has been a member since 31/12/2012. Posts: 45

Posted by Shreeya on 11/11/2014 at 08:34

there are many hotels but you have to be aware of the Low Cost Terms...but it is a fun place to be

#5 Shreeya has been a member since 11/11/2014. Posts: 6

Posted by frankooo on 28/6/2015 at 09:25

Hi,

my gf and I are flying to Kuala lumpur and have to stay there for 1 night because next day we have our next flight for bali. Do you know any really cheap guesthouse near the airport. It does not have to be luxurious, just to crash for the night.
Thanks for the reply

#6 frankooo has been a member since 28/6/2015. Posts: 1

Posted by daawgon on 28/6/2015 at 13:10

My stay at the KLIA2 Tune Hotel was fine, but I do warn people that it is sterile, and it's a little walk from the low cost terminal/mall. I would say that for people who are just connecting at this airport and don't want to spend big bucks for a hotel, it's fine for one night. I just wished they'd have put in a small pool for the heat of KL (not my favorite place by the way).

For a much nicer place in downtown KL, I recommend this Airbnb condo (excellent)!

#7 daawgon has been a member since 17/4/2007. Location: Vietnam. Posts: 1,159

Posted by Rufus on 12/7/2015 at 05:13

I totally agree Daawgon. My family and I stayed there 2 weeks ago on the way back to Lao from Langkawi. It is comfortable, but sterile. It cost $140 for a family room, but the hotel served its purpose as our flight was early the following morning.

#8 Rufus has been a member since 22/4/2007. Location: Laos. Posts: 978

Posted by garthibiza on 21/8/2015 at 10:43

Hello,
We will travel to KLIA2 on November 20th, 2015, and need a room for 12 hours. Does anyone know of a good option ?
Thanks.

#9 garthibiza has been a member since 12/11/2009. Posts: 9

Posted by SBE on 24/8/2015 at 08:17

I found the staff at the New Tune significantly more welcoming, friendly and service minded than the old lot but they'd only just opened so maybe we were getting a special welcome treatment. The manager told me they can rent out rooms for a few hours if they have vacancies... I think it was for a maximum of 6 hours and after that you pay the full daily rate but I'm not sure. I don't think this short term stay option is bookable online and you just have to show up and ask if there are any rooms available, but you could try contacting them to ask.

The other short term option at KLIA 2 is the Capsule Container hotel. I had a look at it but didn't stay there. The "rooms" are in converted containers and they don't have private bathrooms. They don't have doors either and you have to climb up a ladder if your "capsule" is on the upper level. I thought it was very expensive for what you get. There are only single rooms and the lack of a proper door means there's not much privacy, plus your stuff isn't secure when you leave the room to use the bathroom. Not impressed ... it would be an OK backpacker option if it were dirt cheap but unfortunately it isn't.

It's a pity they didn't keep the old Tune Hotel as a low budget accommodation option near the airport but apparently it's being used for Air Asia staff now. If there are 2 of you, the Tune Hotel is better value for money than the Capsule thing and it's a lot more comfortable. It costs more than the old Tune did but the rooms are a better size and things like (2) towels, hairdrier, cable TV and wifi are included in the price.

#10 SBE has been a member since 14/4/2008. Location: Global Village. Posts: 2,055

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.