Photo: Kayaking Langkawi's mangroves.

Malaysia forum

A Week in Malaysia/Singapore

Posted by mattrushu on 21/10/2014 at 20:44

Hello,

I am an English teacher in South Korea, and I'm starting to look into traveling to Malaysia and Singapore for a week. I'm considering flying to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, and then flying back to Korea from Singapore. But my itinerary is yet to be set, and I'm wondering what are some of the best places to visit. I'm hoping to visit Taman Negara, but besides that, I'm open to any suggestions!

Thanks!

#1 mattrushu has been a member since 21/10/2014. Posts: 1

Posted by reublim on 24/10/2014 at 08:44

Taman Negara is a good place if you like forests and national parks. What kind of other activities or sights are you interested in?

#2 reublim has been a member since 5/1/2013. Location: Malaysia. Posts: 20
 Send reublim a private message   Where has reublim been?   Website 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by GattinaRosa on 16/11/2014 at 21:18

Posted from within Vietnam.

I guess it depends what your interests are. My husband and I recently spent a few weeks in Malaysia.

We loved Penang, but that is in the north and if you are flying into KL it might take up too much time to travel there. It is a great place though with so much to see and do.

If you like the outdoors, you could get a bus from KL to the Cameron Highlands. Lots of trekking and can visit tea planatations. It was another one of our favourite places in Malaysia.

You could also stop in Melaka on the way back to Singapore - buses run regularly from Melaka to Singapore and the border crossing is very straightforward! Melaka is a lovely old port town, with lots of history and a great weekend night market. We ended up staying here for 5 days as it was a perfect place to relax. Has quite a lot of European influences so is quite different to other Malaysian cities.

Enjoy!

#3 GattinaRosa has been a member since 28/7/2014. Posts: 18

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.