Text page

Malaysia

Malaysia forum

3 weeks to explore Malaysia South to North - Travel and Location Tips please

Posted by lisacane on 8/1/2015 at 00:31

Hello there - my husband and I are arriving in KL Wed 14 January and have three and a bit weeks to explore the country. We leave Malaysia flying out from Penang on 10 February. We will stay in KL for 4 nights to explore the city and nearby sights following that we intend to travel 'slowly' northwards up to Penang to enjoy the sights en route, places we have earmarked already are: Frasers Hill, Cameron Highlands and Taman Negara National Park and finally Penang, we're thinking 3 to 4 nights in Penang will suffice (we've already been enjoying 'beach' stays on our travels).
I would welcome advice and tips on:-
1. Travelling by public transport - how easy/doable is this bearing in mind we are lugging suitcases and rucksacks? (one of our lessons learnt for onward mega travels is travel alot lighter!)
2. Private car driver, what sort of costs would be looking at for journeys such as KL to Frasers Hill; Frasers Hill to Cameron Highlands; Taman Negara National Park to Penang? Just a rough guide on potential costs would be helpful, we would prefer not to hire car and drive ourselves.
3. Recommendations for places to visit and stay for our proposed South to North route - we are on a mid-range budget. Too old and we like home comforts so we are avoiding hostels and looking for reasonable priced hotels or apart hotels.
4. Orangutans - we would love to visit an Orangutan Rehab centre/rainforest but don't think our budget can afford to go further to somewhere like Sandaken, any alternative options you could suggest that we might be able to put in the itinerary would be great.

Thanks all for any info and advice you can provide. Lisa

#1 lisacane has been a member since 30/12/2014. Posts: 1

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.