Photo: Kayaking Langkawi's mangroves.

Malaysia forum

Smoking in Malaysia

Posted by Bridgequeen on 2/2/2015 at 09:32

Hi

I have my trip planned for a couple of weeks time - into Kuching and out of Langkawi. I had planned to visit Melaka during my trip and found by chance that it has a total smoke free policy. I know it is a filthy habit and all that but I really can't imagine getting through three or four days without a cigarette. Does anyone know the status of smoking laws elsewhere in the country?

#1 Bridgequeen has been a member since 29/7/2013. Location: Earth. Posts: 55
 Send Bridgequeen a private message   Where has Bridgequeen been? 

Posted by gecktrek on 2/2/2015 at 14:40

hey, my understanding is just the area in the centre of town or the tourist area, is non-smoking. it would be hard to stop malaysian's from smoking!

#2 gecktrek has been a member since 24/3/2013. Location: Australia. Posts: 150
 Send gecktrek a private message   Where has gecktrek been?   Website   Flickr  

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by withluck on 2/2/2015 at 18:22

All air conditional places, hospitals, public transportation and George Town heritage zone are smoking free. Even it is smoking free area, the enforcement is still lenient.

#3 withluck has been a member since 27/4/2014. Location: Malaysia. Posts: 17
 Send withluck a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.