Text page

Malaysia

Malaysia forum

Islands In Malaysia - Feb/March

Posted by TravelMoo on 18/2/2015 at 23:00

Hi everyone,

I'm coming to the end of a 5 month tour of SEA and will be flying out of Singapore on the 7th March. I have already spent time there so will probably only spend a night there to catch my flight the following day. I really want to spend my last few days on an island or beach town and it seems to me that going to one in Malaysia makes most sense given its close proximity to Singapore and also because I haven't spent much time there.

The main activity I want to do is scuba dive. I got my Open Water certification a few weeks ago and have done a fun dive since but am still very much a beginner. I am also looking for somewhere that is fairly accessible (as I'm short on time) and beautiful (white sands, quiet etc).

From my research it seems like Tioman is the best fit for my plan but it sounds like I would be there on the shoulder of monsoon season (1st week in March). Given diving is my main activity and I'm still inexperienced I'd be a bit nervous about diving with big currents and low vis.

Does anyone know if it's decent enough there at that time of year? Is it worth a shot? If not does anyone have an alternative island on the west coast they can recommend?

Thanks!

#1 TravelMoo has been a member since 2/6/2014. Posts: 6

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.