Text page

Malaysia

Malaysia forum

Help with planning itinerary

Posted by Domj on 5/5/2015 at 13:46

Hi, Im currently planning a trip around south east asia for end of next year and looking for some advise on the best route to take leaving from Thaland going to the following places in Malyasia; Penang, Tanah Rata, Perhentian Islands, Taman Negara national park, Kuala Lumper and Tioman Island. Im struggling to work out the best order of travel to these places.

#1 Domj has been a member since 7/3/2015. Posts: 4

Posted by withluck on 6/5/2015 at 02:59

I assume you are travelling on road. Here is my two suggestions:

Thailand -> Penang -> Besut Jetty -> Perhentian Island -> Tanah Rata -> Taman Negara national park ->

i) ending in Singapore
Kuala Lumpur -> Tioman Island -> Singapore

ii) ending in Kuala Lumpur
Tioman Island -> Kuala Lumpur

Hope this helps.

#2 withluck has been a member since 27/4/2014. Location: Malaysia. Posts: 17

Posted by Domj on 6/5/2015 at 13:11

Thanks for you reply and help. Yes im travelling by road, but would consider flying. Im heading for Kuala Lumpur and then flying from there over to Kurching. The only other option i thought about was ending at the Perhentian Islands and flying out of Kota Bharu to Kurching.

#3 Domj has been a member since 7/3/2015. Posts: 4

Posted by gecktrek on 6/5/2015 at 18:14

hey, not sure what months you end up travelling, but i think the perhentian's pretty much close down for monsoon season between nov to feb, so you'll need to research this and adjust your schedule to take this into account...

#4 gecktrek has been a member since 24/3/2013. Location: Australia. Posts: 171

Posted by withluck on 7/5/2015 at 03:36

If you are flying to Borneo, it is best ending at Kuala Lumpur which you can more connection than other Malaysia cities.

#5 withluck has been a member since 27/4/2014. Location: Malaysia. Posts: 17

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.