Text page

Malaysia

Malaysia forum

Malaysia, Bali, Singaporre, Borneo itinerary advice before we book!

Posted by cortina61 on 27/10/2015 at 07:11

Hi everyone. I love this forum, so much helpful info.

We're planning to start in Malaysia in February and would value opinions before we book accommodation.

We have 4 weeks. Have thrown in Singapore because it was as cheap to fly there as to go back to KL and onwards...

KL to Penang, 6 nights

fly Penanag via KL to Bali

Ubud 5 nights
Candidasa 2 nights

Fly Bali to Singapore

Singapore 3 nights
Fly Singapore to Kuching,Sarawak, Borneo

Kuching 11 nights, with 2 in Bako National park

Fly back to KL and home to Turkey

Have spent hours researching and hope I'm on the right tracks!

Thanks in advance

#1 cortina61 has been a member since 27/10/2015. Posts: 4

Posted by Bridgequeen on 17/1/2016 at 15:14

Hi

Can't comment on much of your itinerary but 11 days seems too much for Kuching. Can you not go somewhere else on Borneo as well? Sabah may be awkward to get to with your current plans (especially if your flights are booked ) but you could I believe get a bus to Kota Kinabula. For me 3 days was enough in Kuching.

#2 Bridgequeen has been a member since 29/7/2013. Location: Earth. Posts: 55

Posted by isha on 19/3/2016 at 02:13

Thanks dear for all these details!! Well I am also going to Malaysia in April and already booked my tour package from Vani Holidays which is based in Delhi. Do you have any recommendations related to tourist places. Please guide me if you can.. I will really help me lot.

#3 isha has been a member since 9/3/2016. Posts: 2

Posted by cortina61 on 19/3/2016 at 07:05

Thank you
We just got back.
We stayed 10 days in Kuching . Its a quirky sort of town that grew on us after feeling initially a bit disappointed.
Its a great base for many places within an hour.
We visited Semnengoh and were lucky to see 3 orangutans.
Also Matang Wildlife centre, more Orangutans and lots if other animals, Bako National Park, Kubah National park, went Hashing with the crazy Kuching City Hasher's near the Indonesian
border, visited all Kuching museums, crossed the river, went to Satok Market and had 2 days in a treehouse at Permai Rainforest.

Had a fabulous time, lots of rain, but being out of season meant we had everywhere pretty much to ourselves.

Want to go back next year and travel between a wider area.

#4 cortina61 has been a member since 27/10/2015. Posts: 4

Posted by cortina61 on 19/3/2016 at 07:11

Bali was fabulous, stayed in Ubud and Candidasa. Cried when we left, last time a country got me like that I moved there ( Turkey)

Singapore was great for 3 days, I'm not a city person but we found the Macritchie nature reserve and saw 2 massive monitor lizards in the lake at the beautiful Chinese Gardens.
Watched the tree light show at Gardens in the Bay, fab.

Just didn't like Penang, although staying in a Chinese house on the jetty was fun, and witnessing the Chinese New Year was brilliant.
I wrote a blog but not sure if its within the guidelines to post the link.

#5 cortina61 has been a member since 27/10/2015. Posts: 4

Posted by locadotte on 30/3/2016 at 00:34

Hi cortina61,

Your trip report was really helpful for me. I was wavering on Malaysia and leaning towards cutting it out to give more time in Borneo and Indonesia.

Can you tell me where you stayed in Kuching and Ubud (if you recommend them) as well as the treehouse in Permai rainforest?

Would love to hear about other rec's you have as well (and/or read your blog!).

Thanks!

#6 locadotte has been a member since 16/1/2015. Posts: 14

Posted by YogaSearcherBali on 7/4/2016 at 22:15

while you are in ubud - Bali, make sure to take a day trip to South Bali, it's worth to spend a day trip to see there. if you would like to find hotel or hostel in Ubud try to find by agoda.com or booking.com, it's so many option and depend how much your budget to spend each night there. Happy travelers

#7 YogaSearcherBali has been a member since 25/2/2016. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 71

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.