Text page

Malaysia

Malaysia forum

Malaysia, Alternative East Coast Beach

Posted by massimogreen00 on 2/5/2016 at 13:27

Hey all,

I'm going to Malaysia in 7 weeks time.

My plan is to visit Langkawi, Penang, Melaka and KL. I have 18 days and I would like to stay at a nice east coast beach town. The reviews I have seen for hotels on the Perhentian islands really put me off. Can anyone recommend a nice east coast place to stay? Somewhere for 3 or 4 days relaxing by the sea. Not too far from an airport. I will be flying in from Penang, then heading to KL after.

Thanks in advance :)

Conor

#1 massimogreen00 has been a member since 13/1/2016. Posts: 2

Posted by somtam2000 on 2/5/2016 at 18:24 admin

The Perhentians are a bit of a mixed bag as far as hotels go, but, the beaches are better than anything I've seen on the mainland east coast, so if you're primarily after great beaches... it may be worth putting up with less than stellar accommodation. Cherating would be the obvious alternative candidate for some beach time on the mainland, but again the hotels are just not very good.

I did a diving trip to Redang (from Perhentian Kecil ) but didn't have time to look at the beaches - I hear they are not too bad. Also Tioman which I am yet to get to...

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 8,065

Posted by massimogreen00 on 7/5/2016 at 16:06

I was thinking of Cherating too.

Thank you so much for the advice. I really appreciate it :)

#3 massimogreen00 has been a member since 13/1/2016. Posts: 2

Posted by neilmason on 7/5/2016 at 22:04

I am pretty fond of Juara on Tioman Island. It's a really lovely beach, with budget absolute beachfront accommodation to boot.

#4 neilmason has been a member since 31/12/2012. Posts: 45

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.