Text page

Malaysia

Malaysia forum

Help Me Find Bus Routes Malaysia and Singapore

Posted by DineshKumar on 3/10/2016 at 06:07

Hello Everyone,

I am Dinesh Kumar , I am Travel first time outside from my country with my wife. i can search affordable bus service from Malaysia to Singapore. or another places between both countries. can you Please suggest best service providers in the market. or can you provide me contact number of this type service provider. because i am worried about bus routes to.

Thanks in Advance!
Dinesh Kumar

#1 DineshKumar has been a member since 3/10/2016. Posts: 1

Posted by antoniamitchell on 5/10/2016 at 07:47

Konsortium Transnasional Berhad is the biggest bus company, which owns the Transnasional brand (the biggest coach company in Malaysia), as well as operating various other brands including Plusliner (covers highway routes between main cities), Nice Executive Coach (a more upmarket service), and Cityliner (only covers certain states in Malaysia).

If you go to the website of the various brands (i.e., http://www.transnasional.com.my/, etc.), you can check the routes and schedules, and they also have links to licensed retailers, so you can get the contact details of who you can buy tickets from.

You haven't mentioned where you're planning on travelling from - no brand / company covers every route in the country, so you may want to simply google your desired routes, and see which companies come up in the search (rather than wasting time looking at lots of bus company websites to see if they do that route or not).

Finally: you won't necessarily need to book tickets far in advance - it depends on the route and when you want to go. On a long weekend / national holiday they will sell out in advance, but at other times of the year you can either book only a day or two before you want to go, or often just buy on the day of travel.

Have a good trip.

#2 antoniamitchell has been a member since 13/5/2012. Posts: 566

Posted by neilmason on 7/10/2016 at 16:04

For buses within peninsular Malaysia, www.mypublictransport.com gives timetables and prices. Many buses can be booked on line through easibook.com.

#3 neilmason has been a member since 31/12/2012. Posts: 45

Posted by candrajayas on 11/10/2016 at 08:30

If you want to go singapore from Malaysia or Kualalumpur, many bus depart from Kualalumpur hourly to Singapore starting 07 Am until Midnight. for easy way you can go direct to easybook.com you can book on line and there are many bus listing, schedule and also fare. Bus fare is RM 30 or US 8. Kuala lumpur to Sungapore about 5-6 hours. According my experience going to Singapore more pleasant by night sleep train, depart Kuala lumpur at 11 pm and arrival Sin at 06 Am fare is RM 45 or US $ 12

#4 candrajayas has been a member since 10/10/2016. Posts: 2

Posted by neilmason on 14/10/2016 at 17:58

But check on seat61.com that the night trains are still running. They have electrified part but not all of the line.

#5 neilmason has been a member since 31/12/2012. Posts: 45

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.