Photo: Kayaking Langkawi's mangroves.

Malaysia forum

Honeymoon Plan (Phuket & Langkawi)

Posted by NancyMostafa on 31/1/2017 at 12:09

Dears,

I'm planning my honeymoon, and I'll be visiting Phuket and staying for 6 nights (from October 29th until November 4th) then I'll travel to Langkawi and stay for another 6 nights from (November 4th until November 10th).

My problem is that I'm trying to look for a way to get to Langkawi from phuket other than via airways, and I couldn't find anything that's confirmed.

It would be great if anyone can help me.

#1 NancyMostafa has been a member since 31/1/2017. Posts: 2

Posted by dchinmay on 27/3/2017 at 06:03

There is no direct ferry. The Phuket to Langkawi ferry departs from Phuket’s Rassada Pier and travels to Koh Lipe. You have to stay overnight at Koh Lipe. After a night on Koh Lipe your journey will continue the next morning to Langkawi.

The ticket goes as follows, it might have changed, but this is what average you have to pay.

Adults – 3500 Baht per Adult ( guests over 11 are classed as adults)
Child 2- 11 years – 2450 Baht per child
Child under 2 – 1000 Baht per child

ferry which departs at 08:00. The ferry will arrive at Koh Lipe by 16:00 and you will be required to depart the ferry and stay for one night on Koh Lipe. You then continue the journey by ferry the next morning departing Koh Lipe at 11:00 and arriving in Langkawi at 13:30 local time (Malaysia is +1 hour ahead of Thailand)
I hope this below link will help you with the bookings.
https://www.phuketferry.com/langkawi.html

Let me know about this. Thank you

#2 dchinmay has been a member since 22/2/2017. Posts: 4

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by scotttraveller on 6/4/2017 at 06:46

There is no such way to Reach from Langkawi to Phuket other than Airway. I have to check and the Cost of one Air ticket for Adult is $229 Only. If anything you need to know just reply to my comment.

#3 scotttraveller has been a member since 6/4/2017. Posts: 2

Posted by wanderer143 on 15/5/2017 at 10:03

You may book using PhuketFerry. It is one of the most reputable ferry booking agencies in Thailand. You could find useful information about traveling to and from Langkawi here: www.phuketferry.com/langkawi.html Their team is very helpful. Good luck.

#4 wanderer143 has been a member since 2/11/2014. Posts: 96

Posted by amnicoll on 16/5/2017 at 04:04

you can go by land up the coast should you so wish but not quick

#5 amnicoll has been a member since 10/1/2005. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 873
 Send amnicoll a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.