Photo: Kayaking Langkawi's mangroves.

Malaysia forum

New to KL - Tour Advice and Recommendations

Posted by dmartora on 25/2/2017 at 18:10

Hi, I am hoping I can get some direction from some seasoned KL visitors or dwellers.

We are a family of 6 (5 Adults and 1 child) travelling to KL in mid-April for a couple of days on the way to Cherating Beach.

I'd like to take in a tour on at least one of the two days we have, to allow us to see the caves, elephant sanctuary/orphanage and maybe some other areas I haven't read up enough on yet. As per usual, there's a lot of information out there, but it is starting to conflict and I'm already getting confused. As there's only a very short amount of time in KL, I want to ensure we don't simply spend it in a hotel room, or the hotel restaurant.

So, if any one has any recommendations of a person or company that can offer a reliable service, that offers good transport, and that can build in some flexibility or personalisation (i.e. alternative pick up points, customised itinerary etc.), that would be very much appreciated.

#1 dmartora has been a member since 25/2/2017. Posts: 1

Posted by VNguyen on 6/4/2017 at 05:49

Well, I should consider if you really need a person or a compay. KL has an extensive public transportation system that has a stop at all of the popular and touristic spots. When you buy a Touch 'n Go card you can use almost all public transportation methods and children under the age of 7 travel for free.

At this site you will find the location of the popular spots: https://www.meetthecities.com/guide/kuala-lumpur/kuala-lumpur-activities-sightseeing-best-places-visit-temples/

Especially when you stay near the Bukit Bintang area you have great access to all touristical places.

Enjoy your stay!

#2 VNguyen has been a member since 6/4/2017. Posts: 1

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.