Photo: Kayaking Langkawi's mangroves.

Malaysia forum

independent travel to Danum Valley

Posted by Gillian1950 on 10/2/2018 at 22:47

Hi,
Hoping for some help. A friend and I would like to make our own way to Danum Valley and stay at the field centre. When we tried to book direct (using an email address supplied by someone who had been there), we received a reply from a tour company. Does anyone know how to book direct with the field centre?

#1 Gillian1950 has been a member since 5/12/2017. Posts: 4

Posted by Bungkus on 12/2/2018 at 08:37 TF writer

Hi Gillian,
Danum Valley is one of my favourite places in Sabah! To book direct with the field centre contact their office in Lahad Datu : Block 3, Fajar Centre, Lahad Datu (near Shell petrol station); T: (089) 880 441; (089) 841 101; sck_72@yahoo.com.my. If no luck with this contact, you could also try Yayasan Sabah in Tawau who mostly do bookings for Maliau basin. T: (0163) 435 044 (Fenny); (0897) 59 214; maliaubasin.thelostworld@gmail.com. Be aware when you travel to the field centre independently you won’t have the benefit of a guide, and not all the local rangers who conduct the walks speak English, however I didn't find that a problem and still managed to spot lots of wildlife. You can read my listing for the centre here https://www.travelfish.org/sight_profile/malaysia/sabah/sabah/lahad_datu/3868

Good luck, and enjoy this beautiful part of the world.

#2 Bungkus has been a member since 28/8/2015. Posts: 16
 Where has Bungkus been? 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.