Photo: Kayaking Langkawi's mangroves.

Malaysia forum

Entering Malaysia with PRESCRIPTION MEDICATION (narcotic)

Posted by pigchampion on 1/8/2019 at 23:39

Hello

I will be travelling to Malaysia from Canada for one month for business. I am currently taking prescription medications. I am very concerned about refusal into the country, due to the nature of a few medications i take, ones a Narcotic called Buprenorphine/Naloxone Name brand SUBOXONE.. I also take 3 Psycotropic Meds. Abilify, Lamictal and Wellbutrin....yes i'm a recovering addict whose Bipolar

I will be prepared, with an official doctors letters and documentation concerning all medications, dosages, quantity, usages directions, and reasons why taking. As well as my doctors information / clinic name and address / medical license code, how long I’ve been his patient. I will include copies of each original prescription. I also have the official pharmacist listing of all of my medications, along with the pharmacists name address and signature

I have the TRAVEL GUIDE, BRINGING MEDICATION INTO MALAYSIA , from the Official Portal of Pharmaceutical Services Programme Ministry of Health Malaysia. after reading the guide,

i am still unclear if certain medications i will be travelling with, be illegal and prohibited within Malaysia, regardless of all it’s supporting documentation.

I have 1 of each: Opiod, Antipsychotic, Anticonvulsant, Antihypertensive, Antidepressant and Laxative

Anyone know of the procedure or have any helpful info? Also I also want to travel to Indonesia. so the same questions aply

#1 pigchampion has been a member since 2/8/2019. Posts: 2

Heading to Thailand?
Heading to Thailand?
Ad Search for cheap flights to Thailand
on Skyscanner.

skyscanner.com

Read more

Posted by somtam2000 on 2/8/2019 at 00:52 admin

I don't know the answer to this sorry. Perhaps contacting the Malaysian embassy in your home country for guidance would be a starting point. I’ve not heard of this kinda thing being confiscated, and, to be honest, having flown into Malaysia dozens upon dozens of times, I’ve never had my bag opened, but yeah, I would start with the embassy and see what they say.

Cheers

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 8,021
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Instagram   Pinterest 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.