Text page

Malaysia

Malaysia forum

Complications For Entry Without Smart Phone

Posted by davelliot on 18/6/2022 at 03:42

Just out of curiosity I looked up Malaysia's current covid rules and came across these -

QUOTE - 1 - Travellers with overseas-issued COVID-19 vaccine certificates must verify their digital COVID-19 vaccine certificates on MySafeTravelFully vaccinated travellers will be issued a “Digital Traveller’s Card” and reflected on their MySejahtera app.Partially or unvaccinated travellers will be issued a digital Home Surveillance Order (HSO) on their MySejahtera app.Travellers who do not have a traveller card display, HSO instructions, and “High Risk” individuals on the MySejahtera app are not allowed to continue their journey.

2. What if I do not have a smartphone to download MySejahtera?All travellers without a smart phone MUST register themselves as a dependent in another account. The form is linked to the immigration system and failure to fill in the form would result in Not To Land (NTL) status. Besides that, the travellers can bring a hard copy of their Traveller’s Card, pre-departure test result (ifapplicable) and vaccination certificate or register as a ‘dependent’ under someone who has MySejahtera who is travelling together.

" MUST register themselves as a dependent in another account"  ?  - Confusing.

#1 davelliot has been a member since 6/9/2017. Posts: 58

Posted by somtam2000 on 19/6/2022 at 05:00 admin

Wasn’t sure on this, so asked around and was told the “register as a dependent” relates to if you’re travelling with others, one of whom has a smartphone, you can register as a dependent on their phone. If travelling solo, or in a group with no smartphones, will need to buy or rent a cheap smartphone upon arrival (though before departure would be smarter I would say), in order to enter. No phone, or no access to a phone, no entry. Not ideal.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 8,090

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.