Photo: Kayaking Langkawi's mangroves.

Malaysia forum

how easy border crossing from thailand to malaysia without paper.

Posted by DAISY1965 on 7/5/2009 at 08:54

i can,t go home to Malaysia because i got a asylum in USA.thinking to travel to border of Thailand and cross to Malaysia without paper, is anyone know how easy to cross the border without paper, cause i did not see my family for 20 years.

#1 DAISY1965 has been a member since 7/5/2009. Posts: 1

Posted by brucemoon on 8/5/2009 at 10:04

I don't think it is possible without a passport.

If you have asylum in the USA, then to leave the USA you will need a passport (and/or other travel papers).

If you do not have a US passport, I can't see how you'd get back into the US if you leave the US.

If you have a US passport, then go to a Malaysian embassy/consulate and ask the procedure. If the Malaysian gov't don't want you to enter Malaysia, then that is life. Assuming your family is in peninsula Malaysia, you may then have to get your family to meet you in Sumatra or Thailand.

Hope this helps

#2 brucemoon has been a member since 27/12/2008. Location: Australia. Posts: 1,941

Posted by MADMAC on 24/6/2009 at 00:23

It's easy to cross into Laos without documentation, but I know that doesn't help you much. I would start at the embassy and see what they say. Otherwise, yes, I would meet the family at a neutral location as Bruce suggests.

#3 MADMAC has been a member since 6/6/2009. Posts: 6,957
 Send MADMAC a private message 

Posted by natwest on 8/7/2009 at 16:43

Malaysia is quite strict in terms of passport/ travel documents, possibly because of the huge no. of illegals there. So if u dont have a US travel doc, then I guess it's a NO NO from them, unless u enter illegally. But that risk is too high to bear. The only realistic situation is meet via a 3rd country as suggested above.

#4 natwest has been a member since 6/3/2008. Location: China. Posts: 24

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.