Photo: Kayaking Langkawi's mangroves.

Malaysia forum

Odd Layover

Posted by katsnow on 30/7/2009 at 11:38

I have a layover between a Cathay Pacific flight from Hong Kong and an Air Asia flight to Hanoi that is overnight. I get in at like 8pm at the main terminal and my flight leaves at 6am from LCC the next morning. I was in KL a few months ago and know that it takes roughly 1.5 hours each way to the airport....and that you have to leave extra early because the buses don't like to leave the station until they are pretty I was thinking if I went to the city I would be there for like 4 hours of sleep in a crapy hostel.

Would it be that bad of an idea to stay at the airport? Has anybody done this before. It is an awkward amount of time but I had to start and end my travel in KL to use my millage and I want to get my trip started!

Any information or experience is appreciated!

#1 katsnow has been a member since 24/7/2008. Posts: 13

Posted by BruceMoon on 30/7/2009 at 11:47

I use KL's LCCT often. I know how you feel. That said, the buses do leave sort of quarter hourly, but the trick is to tell the yellow or red buses that you want the next one. And, stand and wait till one appears to be leaving and the assistant is yelling at you to come on board. But before 6am, you have to get a taxi to Central Station.

As for sleeping in the vicinity of KL LCCT, there are a couple of options.

AirAsia own (or as somebody wrote, own by) Tune Hotels. There is a Tune Hotel beside the LCCT, with Tune Hotel minivan taking pax there. Some comments were made here.

The other alternative is Concorde Hotel. It's not cheap. While you can get a shuttle to the main terminal and then they have a minibus to the hotel, in the early am you have to get a taxi (relatively expensive). Their beer and food prices are also on the high side.

And, reports say there is a GH nearby. Go here for more info.

Hope this helps.

#2 BruceMoon has been a member since 27/12/2008. Location: Australia. Posts: 1,941

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.