Photo: Kayaking Langkawi's mangroves.

Malaysia forum

Kuala lumpur to Thailand- HOW MUCH????

Posted by Ingrids on 30/10/2009 at 21:26

Hello!
I`m thinking in take a flight from Ho Chi Minh City To Kuala Lumpur because flight to Bankgok is expensive. Do you have idea how much is the visa to go to Malaysia (and how long before I have to do it - and where) and how much is to go to Ktabi (by bus/boat)?
I have to buy my ticket (to 8-9 or 10 Nov.) and I`m LOST! Hel me pleaseeee!!
Thanks!
Ingrid

#1 Ingrids has been a member since 29/9/2009. Posts: 41

Posted by idreamofdurian on 30/10/2009 at 22:37 TF writer

What's your nationality?

Most people (US/UK/Canada/Euro/Aus) get a free 90 day visa on arrival in Malaysia.

By Ktabi I assume you mean Krabi?

#2 idreamofdurian has been a member since 5/9/2008. Location: Singapore. Posts: 576
 Send idreamofdurian a private message   Website   Twitter   Flickr  

Posted by idreamofdurian on 30/10/2009 at 22:50 TF writer

Krabi is pretty far from Kuala Lumpur:

* it's about 8 - 10 hours from Kuala Lumpur to Hat Yai , Thailand. A ticket costs around 60 RM (~$20 USD).

* From Hat Yai there's buses or minivans to Krabi. Should take 4 - 5 hours. 300B or so, I'd imagine.

AirAsia.com also flies from Kuala Lumpur to Krabi, which saves you a lot of time. On Nov. 9 the flight is only $60 USD.

#3 idreamofdurian has been a member since 5/9/2008. Location: Singapore. Posts: 576
 Send idreamofdurian a private message   Website   Twitter   Flickr  

Posted by Ingrids on 31/10/2009 at 09:18

I`m from Brazil. But I think that with this price flight to Kuala Lumpur + KL to Krabi, is the same price that go from Vietnam to Phuket... I'`ll do the accounts! :))
Thank you very much!!!

#4 Ingrids has been a member since 29/9/2009. Posts: 41

Posted by Skimonkey on 31/10/2009 at 18:49

Ask and you shall recieve.

http://www.kln.gov.my/?m_id=53&gred=B

The link above is from the official Malay Government website, copy and paste into your browser, I even clicked in the B for Brazil, only took a moment. I checked about a week ago for myself.

Air Asia I have found to be the best way to get about, when covering big distances in a short time, that is.

Enjoy your trip.

Cheers

#5 Skimonkey has been a member since 16/4/2009. Posts: 40

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.