Photo: Kayaking Langkawi's mangroves.

Malaysia forum

Trekking Malaysia

Posted by MooPing on 13/12/2009 at 12:32

I would like to do some trekking while in Malaysia but can't decide between the Taman Negara or Malaysia Borneo.

I'm on a bit of a time schedule as I have only two months to get through Malaysia, S. Thailand, Laos and Vietnam.

If I only have 3-5 days to spare for trekking am I better off just going to the Taman Negara? Is the Taman Negara significantly different than the treks in Malaysian Borneo?

#1 MooPing has been a member since 13/12/2009. Posts: 2

Posted by chopin on 16/12/2009 at 22:29

hi, if you only have 3-5 days to spare, and you reach malaysia at KLIA, then taman negara is the obvious choice, because KL is not too far from there. To go to borneo will take significant amount of flight time. trekking in both sides are worth the effort and they offer you different experiences, so either one is a good choice.

#2 chopin has been a member since 28/4/2007. Posts: 154
 Send chopin a private message 

Posted by MooPing on 17/12/2009 at 07:32

Thanks for the info!

I'll actually be arriving in Singapore from the Philippines and traveling into Malaysia by train/bus.

I've decided on Taman Negara as I wouldn't do Borneo any justice if I only spent 3-5 days there as there is too much I want to see.

#3 MooPing has been a member since 13/12/2009. Posts: 2

Posted by chopin on 18/12/2009 at 07:35

yeah, you are right. to do borneo justice, even two months may not be too long. have a great trip.

#4 chopin has been a member since 28/4/2007. Posts: 154
 Send chopin a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.