Photo: Kayaking Langkawi's mangroves.

Malaysia forum

Day trips from KL

Posted by shaydan_01 on 15/3/2010 at 09:37

Hi guys,

I will be in KL for three days in April and am wondering if it is feasable to do a day trip to Mekala without wasing too much time travelling or do you think I should just stick to the city?

If anyone has any good suggestions for day trips out of KL I would love to hear them! Accomodation for KL is already booked so staying away the night is not an option.

Thanks in advance!

#1 shaydan_01 has been a member since 16/11/2009. Location: Australia. Posts: 80
 Send shaydan_01 a private message 

Posted by AbgAcid on 15/3/2010 at 13:51

Yes,sure. Melaka is only 125 km from Kuala Lumpur and there is a good hiway that link it.

The easiest way is to charter a taxi to take you from the hotel you stay in KL to Melaka. This way you wont waste much time going to bus terminal at KL. There are a lot to see at Melaka, perhaps yu may need more than a day. However the points of interests are almost located close to each at the old city of Melaka.

If you decided to take the bus, leave your hotel early. Express Bus service is available at Pudu Raya terminal. It takes 2 hours to be in Melaka from KL.

Have a nice day

AA

#2 AbgAcid has been a member since 28/11/2009. Location: Malaysia. Posts: 162
 Send AbgAcid a private message 

Posted by shaydan_01 on 15/3/2010 at 15:03

Thanks AbgAcid, I wish we could spare more then a day, but there will be a next time!

Do you have any idea how much a taxi would cost vs the bus. We are on a bit of a budget.

#3 shaydan_01 has been a member since 16/11/2009. Location: Australia. Posts: 80

Posted by AbgAcid on 15/3/2010 at 20:24

Bus should be in the region of rm15. comfortable coaches, air con. Will arrive at Melaka Sentral terminal. You will need a town bus from there onwards to Kota Melaka, thats where the old city of Melaka is.

I think taxi should cost rm35-40 a person if its not charted, meaning you still need to go to the taxi station.

hope that helps

AA

#4 AbgAcid has been a member since 28/11/2009. Location: Malaysia. Posts: 162
 Send AbgAcid a private message 

Posted by shaydan_01 on 16/3/2010 at 04:04

It certainly does, thanks heaps!

#5 shaydan_01 has been a member since 16/11/2009. Location: Australia. Posts: 80

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.