Photo: On the road to Banlung.

Motorbiking in Asia forum

Motorbike on train in Vietnam?

Posted by juutsel on 30/4/2010 at 11:31

Posted from within Vietnam.

I have heard that it is possible to put your motorbike on a freight train and whip it with you while you stay in the (bit more comfortable) people wagon but I cannot find a good thread about how this works and what the prices are.

Has anybody shipped their motorbike through the country who wants to share some information?

We are in Hue and can't get into Laos at Lao Bao with our motorbikes and are now thinking of shipping them to HCMC and selling them there.

Any suggestions on how to arrange this and what the costs are (and how far in advance does this need to be arranged)?

THNX

#1 juutsel has been a member since 28/4/2010. Posts: 5

Posted by somtam2000 on 30/4/2010 at 18:24 admin

I haven't done this, but my understanding of it is they go in a separate train (a freight train funnily enough) and it isn't a big deal at deal -- peeps do it all the time.

Once you're in Saigon looking to sell, see the Motorbiking in Asia section for contacts for selling.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,566
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.