Photo: On the road to Banlung.

Motorbiking in Asia forum

Can you rent a motorbike in Chiang Khong? Phu Chee Fah - Phu Lang Ka loop?

Posted by phishsticks on 19/10/2011 at 09:41

I've been reading about how beautiful Phu Chee Fah and Phu Lang Ka are and it seems the easiest way to get there is on a motorbike. I'd like to start out from Chiang Khong, but does anyone know if there are motorbike's available for rent in Chiang Khong? I know that there are a lot of paved roads in this area, but I can imagine it being winding mountainous terrain. I'd be doing it with my girlfriend and we both have NO experience on a motorbike, would it be doable for an absolute beginner? or would we come out of there in stretchers? Assuming on the way down we spend one night at Phu Chee Fah and one night at Phu lang Ka, how much time is needed for the whole loop?

Any insight or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

#1 phishsticks has been a member since 10/10/2011. Posts: 32
 Send phishsticks a private message 

Posted by inspiredbykrissi on 12/1/2012 at 10:11

Im sorry i dont know, but people have spoke about this loop and it sounds amazing. Maybe you can rent from Chiang Mai or Chiang Rai and start the loop from there. May be better and cheaper prioces for bike rental.

#2 inspiredbykrissi has been a member since 9/12/2011. Posts: 68
 Website   Twitter 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.