Photo: Now that is a mountain.

Nepal forum

less populated treks

Posted by Rukus on 26/5/2013 at 02:20

so I have just arrived into Nepal, Katmandu and we'll be doing some trekking not limited to just one trek either, I want to see beautiful mountainous, valley scenery even if that means bring on a populated trail at times, but I'd like to know if there is any stunning trails, treks that are less populated and worth checking out, like perhaps Ganesha mountain. If anybody has any experience in the himalayas let me know, thanks

#1 Rukus has been a member since 28/10/2011. Posts: 22
 Send Rukus a private message 

Posted by davidurmann on 29/3/2014 at 12:24

Nepal has some great trekking and its not just limited to Everest Base Camp or Annapurna Base Camp. Two treks that I have personally taken and might suggest are Mustang or Manaslu. Manaslu does not get a lot of trekkers but still has some decent tea houses to stay in so its comfortable and yet not crowded.

#2 davidurmann has been a member since 29/3/2014. Posts: 4
 Send davidurmann a private message   Where has davidurmann been?   Facebook    Pinterest 

Posted by Richard999 on 6/7/2016 at 13:15

Everest BC and Annapurna are beautiful but can be quite crowded. But if you go little bit outside the high season (for example in December when it is a bit cold but still sunny), it is really ok.

One of my favorite is upper Mustang. There, there is almost no tourist, this is because of the very expensive permit required (50 US dollar/day). But if you can afford it, you will love this region!

Richard

#3 Richard999 has been a member since 12/4/2016. Posts: 4

Posted by lizziedixey on 14/10/2016 at 07:41

Anyone got any tips for good spots to hire walking kit for trekking? Thanks

#4 lizziedixey has been a member since 11/10/2016. Posts: 4

Posted by lizziedixey on 18/10/2016 at 11:09

Thanks guys -really helpful!

#5 lizziedixey has been a member since 11/10/2016. Posts: 4

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.