Photo: Hunza viewpoint, Gilgit-Baltistan, Pakistan.

Pakistan forum

Traveling to Pakistan

Posted by JamesGreen on 28/8/2013 at 23:37

Posted from within Vietnam.

Is it safe to go to Pakistan?

#1 JamesGreen has been a member since 28/8/2013. Posts: 4

Posted by MADMAC on 29/8/2013 at 00:05

I think that depends where in Pakistan you are going and where in the world you are from.

#2 MADMAC has been a member since 6/6/2009. Posts: 6,957
 Send MADMAC a private message 

Posted by sayadian on 29/8/2013 at 01:56

There is a high threat from terrorism, kidnap and sectarian violence throughout Pakistan.
UK Foreign Office
Sounds a pretty straightforward answer

#3 sayadian has been a member since 15/1/2008. Posts: 1,557
 Send sayadian a private message 

Posted by chinarocks on 29/8/2013 at 03:12

Quetta, Peshawar, Karachi and anywhere in Waziristan are a no no for sure.

But is anywhere there really safe? Remember the 9 tourists who were recently butchered while away from the so called "hotspots" (I think they were waiting to climb one of the famous mountains).

I wouldn't go now that's for sure. If you are Western looking (as I am assuming James Green is) then you could be a "legitimate" target for some fundamentalist.

#4 chinarocks has been a member since 17/6/2011. Posts: 738

Posted by Filia on 6/5/2014 at 06:11

If you go stay north of Gilgit. Hunza is perfectly safe. Talk to the locals and use your common sense.

Safe travels

#5 Filia has been a member since 6/5/2014. Posts: 5

Posted by Cajsa321 on 17/4/2015 at 06:08

I really don't think that the whole Pakistan is facing the threat of terrorism. There are just some places which are no safe in Pakistan. Like Karachi (The biggest city of Pakistan) is facing terrorism. I have been to Pakistan once in my life probably two years before and explored a lot of beautiful attractions there, and didn't get any sort of issue while the journey. There are a lot of

#6 Cajsa321 has been a member since 17/4/2015. Posts: 13

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.